Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Target Tuesday: Today’s Cosmetics Haul


Today I went into Target with the intent to purchase my everyday foundation and sun tanning oil for my Florida trip at the end of this month. I made my way to the L’Oreal section only to find that they didn’t carry the cream version of the True Match line. Disappointed, I opted instead for the liquid version in my winter color, W6. Look for my application tutorial soon! One aisle over I found the wide array of sun block and tanning lotions. I chose Banana Boat’s deep tanning oil which is a spray-on sun block w/ sun protection factors ranging from 4-15. I won’t embarrass myself by divulging exactly which SPF level I selected. After getting the two products that I went for, I found myself w/ a lot of extra time to browse the cosmetics section, which for me, is never a good thing…

I also purchased what I think will be an uber amazing new sculpting blush duo by L’Oreal, in a shade called Nectar (825). It is called The One Sweep Sculpting Blush Duo and it claims to both color and sculpt in one felt swoop. We’ll see about that! What attracted me most to this product was the pretty shade of subdued tangerine and the fact that I will only need to travel w/ one blush compact and no additional contouring shade. I was sold and I can’t wait to review this sculpting blush duo.

My haul didn’t stop there. My brand loyalty to L’Oreal prompted me to pick up a lip gloss from their new ‘8 hour infallible’ lip gloss line and I bought it in Coral Sands (405). I tried it out in the car and I like it a lot. It is very subdued and perfect for everyday wear as there is nothing about the shade I chose that pops or begs much attention.

Last but not least, my least expensive purchase was a Sinful Colors nail polish in a bright pink color called Timbleberry. It looks pretty in the bottle and because I so badly need a manicure, I’ll be using it this evening. 

That’s all for now folks, stay tuned for my upcoming reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment